Five unrelated and random things I feel the need to share:
1. Loving the Organix Coconut Milk line of hair products. So far, I've bought the shampoo, conditioner, mousse, serum, and instant repair and they are all wonderful. I adore the lovely, light smell and it makes my rather fine hair silky, smooth, and voluminous. And if I learned anything during my college years in Texas, it's that big hair is better.
2. Made a rather happy discovery in the check-out line at Target when I saw these York Peppermint Pretzel Sandwiches from Snyder's. A dark-chocolate covered pretzel and peppermint patty sandwich? Yes, please! The combination of sweet and salty, chocolate and mint is worth every calorie (and I think they are a seasonal item, so grab some while you can!).
3. A story in yesterday's Denver Post revealed that the marathon I ran back in October was measured incorrectly and participants ran an extra 764 feet (or .14 miles). Not a huge deal, you say? To which I reply, LIKE HELL IT AIN'T! I signed up for 26.2 and not an inch more. And in order to properly brag about my new ultra-marathoner status, I designed my own bumper sticker and had them printed at CafePress:
4. Picked up a super cheap pair of silver aviator shades (because the delicate nature of these glasses + my general all-around clumsiness don't mix, and I'd cry if I sat on a pair of $179 Ray Bans) as well as a simple black boyfriend blazer at American Eagle last weekend. These should serve to either make me look hip & on-trend, or like the 1986 version of Kelly McGillis in Top Gun.
5. Excited about working on this year's advent calendar from Elle's Studio (and having Riely home today to help me!) We plan to hang the 25 tags on a mini Christmas tree and each will contain a holiday activity, small treat, or festive reading.
And that's I've got for today! Happy Friday!