Here's five things I'm up to today:
1. Looking forward to the NCMC Foundation Gala this weekend, which will serve as a long overdue date night for Mike and I, and at which I'll get to wear one of my favorite full-length dresses* that makes me feel hopelessly pretty and elegant. That is, of course, until I trip on the hem, spill my drink, and crash into the table holding the 10-foot ice sculpture of a swan. Which, if you know me at all, is quite likely to happen in the first ten minutes of the evening.
2. Decidedly NOT looking forward to the 16-mile run I have to log this morning. Would really and truly rather plant my butt on the couch with a cappucino this morning rather than lace up the Asics. But will totally use the completed run as a solid reason for napping on that couch this afternoon.
3. Getting geared up for Valentines' Day! Proud of myself for thinking ahead and compiling all the supplies for H's class cards (will post these in the near future!) Plus, the Jenni Bowlin February kit definitely has me in the mood for love. Here's some sneaks:
4. Contemplating how to get a stinky 100-pound dog into the bathtub for a much-needed shampoo (and truth be told, a deep moisture conditioning treatment. Because my poor Shinerbock has dry winter skin. And doesn't everyone deep-condition their dogs once a winter?!?) Already plotting the arsenal of candles and plug-in scents to deal with the resulting eau de wet dog.
5. Doing just a wee bit of self-indulgent pouting and sulking because I'm missing out on CHA in Los Angeles this weekend. Hoping to get glimpses of new stuff via email and text from my carefully planted spies on the show floor. (Summer and Linda, I'm talking to YOU!!)
Enjoy your weekend lovelies!
*While this isn't my actual dress (I got mine from a Neiman's outlet about 10 years ago) I was completely surprised when I Googled velvet dress by Laundry looking for photo and this listing popped up. Gotta love eBay! (And if you're in the market for a formal dress, this one fits amazingly and is so, so comfortable!)