A list of things that are making me particularly happy this week:
1. New running shoes. I didn't think Newton could make a shoe I loved more than my pink Universal Racers, but these new Terra Momentus are quickly winning me over. Being a trail shoe, they are bit more hefty than the racers, but so far I'm loving the additional support and cushioning. The only drawback is the gorgeous color combo makes me want to slow down and show them off...if my feet are a blur, you can't truly appreciate the artistry of the shoe. (That's what I keep telling my coach, anyway!)
2. Green Tea Facial Scrub. I'm not sure what kind of cruel joke Mother Nature thinks she's playing by simultaneously giving me wrinkles AND pimples, but I'm not amused. So I'm fighting back with this scrub from St. Ives. I've been using it about twice a week and love the results! It's not overly drying and the scrub leaves my skin really smooth. And at about $4, (I got mine at Walgreen's) it's a total bargain!
3. Black Oak dress. I'm such a sucker for LBDs, and this simple black frock from Shabby Apple needs to come live in my closet! The petals across the bodice are perfectly feminine and I love how it looks paired with brown cowboy boots. Throw a cardigan on and it's perfect for early fall, or pair it with strappy sandals for spring. LOVE.
4. Chocolate. These amazing Donckle's Belgium Truffles arrived at our house in a Christmas basket, and I've been hoarding them ever since I got my first taste. Meaning they are hidden in the depths of our pantry, near the petrified rice cakes from 2002. These small cocoa-dusted bites are the perfect accompaniment to a nice glass of red wine. They are, however, just a tiny bit addictive, but I figure they are better than Prozac, no?
5. Puffies. These new felt accents from KI Memories are just too stinkin' cute. Maybe it's because I was a child of the 70s, when puffy epoxy stickers, jeans with roller skates embroidered on the back pocket, and bad perms were all the rage, but this collection just makes my inner child happy. Now I just have to wrestle them away from Riely long enough to use them on a scrapbook page!
Have you all have a fabulous Friday!