Well hello there, Wednesday! Today I wanted to share another one of my favorite page designs - a circle of circles. I love the frame that the circle provides for a couple photos (and the fact that this design comes together in about 15 minutes is a big bonus, too.) So grab your circle cutter and let's get started!
Details | supplies: cardstock (Bazzill Basics) + patterned paper, rub-ons, chipboard (Lily Bee Design) + stickers (American Crafts) + punch (Martha Stewart) + circle cutter (Creative Memories) + scissors (Fiskars) + font (Bohemian Typewriter) + button, stitching
1. Cut circles from various patterned papers. You can adjust the number & size of your circles depending on the look you want - I used 10 circles, each approx. 2.5" I matted three of the circles with a white scallop border, using a slighty large circle of white cardstock + scallop edge scissors.
2. Adhere circles to kraft cardstock and add several lines of machine stitching, if desired.
3. Apply rub-ons to various areas on the page. I used an arched sentiment on the upper left, as well as a some blocks of tiny text in the center & in the title area.
4. Print two photos to feature inside the circle. Mine are small (2"x3") but you could fill the space with larger photos if you want!
5. Stick down a title and journaling strips.
6. Layer some of the circles with chipboard embellishments and butterflies (punched from patterned paper).
Simple, right? This design works great for those scraps of your favorite papers you just can't bear to throw away. Speaking of which, these are the specific patterned papers I used on this page, starting from the orange polka dot and going clockwise:
1. Lily Bee "Centerpiece"
2. Lily Bee "Picnic"
3. Lily Bee "Seize the Day" - B side
4. Lily Bee "Porch Swing" - B side
5. Lily Bee "Al Fresco"
6. Lily Bee "Cottage Garden" - B side
7. Lily Bee "Porch Swing"
8. Lily Bee "Fly A Kite"
9. Lily Bee "Seize the Day"
10. Lily Bee "Cottage Garden"
Also wanted to mention that I have some guest design work featured on the American Crafts blog today (and it's highly likely you'll see more of my 9-square grid over there!) I'd love it if you stopped by! Have a great Wednesday!