A list of five things making my face very happy these days:
1. Sanitas Tea Tree Mask ($30). Ever since my favorite clay mask was discontinued a few years back, I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I finally found it with this mask, made right here in Boulder. It's the type of mask that hardens as it dries and pulls all the ickies out of your pores. I like to wear it when I'm disciplining children, as it's chalk-white appearance (and hardening action) make for a daunting, serious, and expressionless face.
2. Mac Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation ($29.50). I've been sampling mineral makeups for awhile now, and this is my favorite. I'm a fan of the light liquid coverage, as the powder foundations tend to look too matte on me (and are a bit drying in the winter.) This one feels light and natural, contains 15 SPF, and makes my skin look healthy. Can you ask for much more?
3. Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten ($18). I'm not really an eyeshadow girl - give me a swipe of liquid liner + mascara and I'm good to go - but this shadow may convert me. After I got a sample in a recent order, I realized how lovely the pinkish gold shade looks, adding just a bit of sparkle and highlights to my lids. And bonus - it seems to last all day and not melt away! I still have lots to learn about eyeshadow application, but Kitten is currently making me feel pretty dang glamourous. Meow!
4. Sonia Kashhuk Sheer liquid Tint Blush ($9.99). There's something about Target's cosmetic aisle that lures me every.single.visit, but when I found this liquid blush there, it was well worth getting sucked into the vortex. I love the liquid application, as it gives a fresh, "flushed" look better than powder, and the Peony shade is perfect for spring. It also works really well on lips, too!
5. Kiss My Face Maple Sugar Lip Balm ($3.49). Speaking of lips, this amazing flavor is a perfect topper for the tint above. Like all Kiss My Face products, it's made from all-natural ingredients like beeswax, jojoba oil, shea butter and aloe. I love this flavor, but other options like Vanilla Honey and Strawberry Lemon sounds pretty good too. I may just stock up so I've got one in every bag...
Enjoy your Friday (and weekend, too!)