Back in February, Shannon asked me to guest design for the Two Peas Products You Love Every Which Way online class. The month's theme was punches - one of my favorite products - so I was thrilled to create a page for the class.
Since I usually print my photos smaller than 4x6, I wanted to challenge myself to do something different on this page. So I printed a single large image on my large format printer (the photo is 6.25" x 11") and got to work! Here's the resulting page:
Darling Dancers | supplies: Bazzill kraft + KI Memories Cotton Candy Glitter Cardstock + Martha Stewart butterfly punch + Fiskars scallop punch + KI Memories Sticklers + American Crafts chipboard letters + Jenni Bowlin pearl buttons + black twine + Veteran Typewriter font + machine stitching
1. Print photo and adhere to right side of layout.
2. Punch 16 butterflies from kraft and two from pink glitter. Arrange in a 3 x 6 grid to the left of photo. Apply a small amount of adhesive to the center of each butterfly to secure them before machine stitching with black thread down the center of each column.
3. Add title using a combo of KI glitter word + Thickers.
4. Punch two 12" x 1" strips of kraft using the scallop border. Thread black embroidery twine through the holes and adhere to the top and bottom edge of page.
5. Embellish the pink butterflies with pearl buttons.
6. Print journaling on white cardstock. Cut into strips and adhere to page.
You can gently bend the wings of the butterflies upward to add a bit of dimension to the page:
I love how these punches add a simple layer of POP to the page (without much work!) And if your punch stash needs some additions, you might want to check out the Two Peas shop - from now until May 1, you get FREE shipping on orders of $30 or more when you use code SMSFF9 at checkout. So go forth and shop!
And have a great Wednesday!