Normally, I'm not much of a dress girl, prefering simple skirts & tees for my summer wardrobe. But these five dresses may change my mind. They'd all work equally well at the pool or out to dinner and could be dressed up with heels (and a glass of chardonnay) or dressed down with flip flops (and a crisp wheat beer.) Somehow I always manage to include the alcohol, don't I?
1. Jersey Beach Dress from Boden. ($68) Love the ruffled collar. Love the simple lines. Love the tropical colors (though it does come in more muted patterns). There's really nothing NOT to love about this dress. Or Boden, for that matter. Between me and Miss R (who squeals in delight whenever a Mini Boden catalog arrives,) it's the most dog-eared catalog in the house!
2. Quick Change Dress from ModCloth ($47.99) This black & ivory pattern looks grown up at first glance, but the circles and squiggles are whimsical and fun. And the chevron detailing on the sleeves is just perfection! It would be an easy piece to dress up without being too fussy, which makes a good wardrobe addition in my book!
3. Calypso St. Barth Wrap Dress for Target ($42.99) Nothing says summer like a crisp linen dress and this one, with the girly ruffle details, just might be worth the ironing linen requires. I love this soft gray color (need to find a paint color that matches it!) and the wrap styling is flattering on just about any body type. I can always come up with an excuse to run to Target, and this dress might be my next one!
4. Cherry Blossoms Dress from Ruche ($69.99) I have to admit, I clicked on this dress initially because I thought the color would look great with the grey Jambu sandals I mentioned in last Friday's post. (which it would!) But the applique detailing, the twisted straps, and empire waist ruching make it a solid contender, too. Ruche always has a fabulous selection of unique boutique-style clothing that I adore and this is no exception!
5. All Aflutter Dress from ModCloth. ($109.99) OK, this dress is way over my summer wardrobe budget, but isn't it dreamy?? I am smitten with the retro cloud/bubble pattern in charcoal grey with pops of orange. And add a little yellow cropped cardi over it? <sigh.> Plus the loose, flowy draping from the bodice would be perfect for covering up an overindulgence of burgers and beers that inevitably happens to me this time of year.
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and happy Memorial Day Weekend!