After a few weeks hiatus, my Five On Friday feature is back! Here's what making me happy this week:
1. Canvassing Backpack in Uptown. ($31.99) The end of summer is drawing near (not that I'm counting down the days until my kids go back to school or anything, but THERE'S 20 DAYS LEFT - can I get a HELL YEAH!!! ) Ahem. So that's got me thinking about back-to-school shopping and how, while we're shopping for pencils and paper and whatnot, I may have to snap up this cute little orange number for myself. After all, a mama needs a stylish way to carry all her PTA minutes and classroom volunteer notes. Or bottles of wine. Tomato, tomahto.
2. Shinerbock Ruby Redbird ($11.99/12-pack). You don't go to college in Texas without throwing back a few Shiners (amongst other decidedly Texan Lone Star traditions we won't get into here.) And while I have a special place in my heart for the original brew (Hello! My dog is named Shinerbock!) this new summer seasonal is my go-to Happy Hour beer. The light ale with hints of grapefruit and ginger make it crisp, cool and just a little bit girly. And to be honest, I would have bought it just for the color combination on the label. Lucky for me, it tastes good too.
3. To Grandmother's House We Toe Heel ($97.99) I can't think of a better addition to my fall wardrobe these adorable floral versions of the classic Mary Jane. They'd be perfect for date night at the drive-in movies with dark skinny jeans or equally sweet with a June Cleaver-type shirt dress + frilly apron while making Thanksgiving dinner. Because that's what I do when I have a free moment...fantasize about my wardrobe as a 1950s housewife with a husband named Ward.
4. JBS Mercantile Medallion Stamp (Kit Exclusive). I am in love with this gorgeous new stamp from Jenni Bowlin. So much so that I've used it on every single one of my kit projects this month (which I'll be sharing next week!) If you want to get your hands on one (and of course you do!), you need to mark the calendar for August 1st, because they are only available in the August Papercrafting Kit at jbsmercantile.com. And yes, you can use it on a scrapbook page documenting your love for Shinerbock beer. Or maybe that's just me.
5. Stained Glass Bauble Ring ($14.99). I have a huge weakness for big, colorful, fun rings like this one. It's like a little corsage for your finger. (And it adds a just a touch of chic, stylish panache when you're flipping the bird to the a**hole driver in front of you who hasn't yet grasped the concept of turn signals.) With all these fabulous jewel tones, it will go with just about any fall outfit. Not to mention that the red, aqua, and deep yellow tones happen to coordinate perfectly with the ShInerbock Ruby label. One-track mind, anyone?!
Here's to a weekend full of beer, baubles and birds (the feathered kind, you silly people...tweet, tweet!)