1. I have spent my life spelling out my first name, Elisabeth (it's an S, not a Z) and the last 13 years spelling out Dickinson (it's two Is, no Es). Which is why I've given Riely the same gift (curse?) and christened her with a uniquely-spelled family name rather than the more common Riley. If nothing else, she'll be forever diligent on the correct spelling of other people's names.
2. It is possible I might have an obsession with what I call June Cleaver dresses, as evidenced by my recent ModCloth wish list containing all these cute frocks:
3. I had gone all summer running no farther than 6 miles and being perfectly content. Then I went on 10-miler this weekend with some friends and realized that I did indeed miss that post-long-run-euphoria that often lasts the remainder of the day and gives you an excellent excuse for consuming large plates of nachos. Damn this addictive sport. (Today, I'm shopping for new running shoes.)
4. My kiddos are not the only ones going to back to school this fall. I'm going to be teaching at Ella Publishing's Boot Camp (Sept. 19-24) and the Spawn of True Scrap (October 20-22). I'll be the nervous one, sending up silent wishes that you don't pelt me with spitballs and put tacks on my chair. I'll be bribing you with giveaways in the near future. :)
5. In case you need some convincing to get the September JBS Mercantile kit, take a look at these yummies:
The exclusive stamp this month (the oval frame) is fabulous and so is the acrylic mask. Plus, you'll get an exclusive edition of The Gazette newsletter, filled with inspiration and ideas for using your kit. Kits will go on sale September 1, or you can sign up for a membership subscription to guarantee fabulous scrap goodies in your mailbox every month!