1. Real Simple's Easy Delicious Home Cooking ($24.95). I had grabbed this book from our library earlier this summer because the book design is simple, clean and makes phenomenal use of white space (all things I love in a cookbook!). Recipes are divided by season and each one feature a full-page photo of the dish with the recipe on the opposing page. After testing several of the dishes (chicken & orange skewers with zucchini rice, chorizo & potato tacos with black bean salsa, and chicken verde enchiladas) AND getting rave reviews from the fam, I went ahead and bought my own copy. (Pssst....it's on sale at Amazon for $14.10!)
2. Alba After-Sun Lotion ($11.95). I love every single product I've ever tried from Alba, from face cleanser to shampoo to sunscreen, and this lotion is no exception. It's awesomely rich for quenching summer-parched skin without being greasy. Plus it smells divine - a bit like cocoa and coffee and sun tan oil all mixed together.
3. Ozo Coffee's Espresso Isabelle ($14.00). I'm not one to stray far from my beloved Starbucks, but after tasting this local coffee house's espresso, I'm a convert. It is so amazingly fragrant, rich and dark, just opening the bag fills the kitchen with lovely coffee bouquet (I need to convince them to make a candle in this scent!) It makes my morning cappucino totally worth getting out of bed for. And if you're not local, you can order their grinds online!
4. Moving Comfort Fiona Sports Bra ($46.95) I've passed enough er, unsupported? ladies on my morning runs in the past few weeks to feel compelled to post the link to this bra as a PSA to my fellow well-endowed runner girls out there. I love this bra (own it in four colors!) and it keeps the chest area locked and loaded in even the most high-impact of activities. Because it's sized like a regular bra (cup sizing - no S, M, L) and it has adjustable straps, you get a perfect fit. So the only thing bouncing will be your pony tail :)
5. Blue Bell Christmas Cookie In July ice cream ($5.69) Of course, we can't talk about running and exercise without mentioning the obvious pay-off - ice cream! And there's none better than Blue Bell. (Um, it's quite likely the reason my Freshman 15 may have turned into the Freshman 45.) This seasonal flavor - sugar cookie ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and sugar cookie dough with candy cane shaped sprinkles and a green icing swirl - is reason enough to go for a run, trust me!
6. Hatch a Color Scheme Flat ($32.99). It's not too early to start thinking about fall fashion, right? I'm adoring these multi-colored vegan flats because I think they'd be the perfect match for a new pair of red skinny jeans I snagged a few weeks back. Plus, I've got several cardis in those hues just waiting to make an appearance when cooler weather rolls in. Yep, I think I'll be adding these to my shopping cart soon!