A list of five completely random things on my mind this Friday:
1. Riely's Spring Concert. We attended the second grade music concert this week and realized quickly after arriving that our two kiddos have completely opposing views on musical performances. Hayden dreaded every concert and would stand on stage like a zombie, barely moving his lips, looking like he was would rather have his toenails removed than be on the stage. Riely, on the other hand, was smiles and waves, singing loudly, tapping her feet, and enjoying every minute in the spotlight. There may have even been jazz hands.
2. McDonald's Fish McBites. I don't ever frequent McD's, but the constant ads on my internet radio station have brought to my awareness this new concoction on the menu. And the ad also uses the words "succulent" and "tangy" to describe them. Which makes me shudder. Sorry McDonald's, but McBites sound McGross.
3. Lucky Charm papers from Dear Lizzy. I know the scrapbook world is all abuzz with their love for this line, and you can add me to the list of adoring fans. I recently bought the 6x6 paper pad and have to state emphatically that I love every single piece of paper in this pad. Pink horses, polka dots, anchors and umbrellas - all in a perfect petite little package. Adore!
4. Grandma Neva's Art. My 95-year old grandma has been participating in some art activities at a senior center, though she claimed she has "no artistic talent". Then my aunt sent me a notecard that the center had printed using one of Grandma's paintings on it (above). And she say's that's not even her best piece! Well, now I know who to thank for passing down the artist genes!
5. The weather forecast. They're predicting a foot of snow for our area over the weekend, and I can't decide how I feel about that. Half of me is excited to batten down the hatches, stoke up the fireplace, and drink red wine, all while watching the snowflakes fly. The other half has really, really been enjoying the warm spring weather we've had lately and feels like giving Old Man Winter the bird for bringing that to an abrupt halt. And (ahem) he wouldn't be the first guy who's witnessed my middle finger this week.
So what's on your mind today?