Well hello weekend! With summer ending and both kiddos going back to school this week, we have a whole new appreciation for Saturday and Sunday around here. Soon the weekends will be filled with sports, activities, homework and projects, but for the moment the schedule is free to sleep in, watch cartoons, and generally be lazy. And yes - that's totally what we're gonna do!
Today I'm sharing a page that features lots of the new release items from Jenni Bowlin. These wonderful little embellishments, rub-ons and mini decks make it super easy to create a simple and elegant page. The gold rub-ons are really luscious and the new sequins add the perfect amount of sparkle and shine.
To matte my photostrip, I repeatedly stamped the dictionary page stamp across the page with red ink. Then I layered my photos over it, adhering them with foam dots.
I created a diagonal line across the page by scattering the gold doily rub ons, sequins, flat backs, and a vintage milk cap from the upper left corner down to the lower right. I used foam dots on some of the elements to give them a bit of dimension and create the feeling that they were "falling" across the design.
I opted to use the Fun Times Flashcards mini-deck to title the page. The "happy" card was a good fit, and without pulling out any letter stickers or my Silhouette, I had a quick and easy title ready to go!
Another way to make your scrapbooking simpler is with a new class taught my one of my very favorite people at Big Picture Classes - Angie Lucas! Angie's new workshop, Grammar-Free Journaling will teach you a dozen creative and useful strategies for telling awesome stories in completely new ways—no paragraphs required.
The 4-Week Workshop Includes:
- Six informative videos from Angie
- A Grammar-Free Journaling Handbook you'll refer to throughout the class and perhaps for the rest of your life
- 12 individual strategies, each illustrated by two or more scrapbook layouts, with clear ideas to try at home
- 34 example layouts, most designed by Angie, with guest designers Wendy Smedley, Elizabeth Dillow, Maddie Dillow, Gracie Dillow, and Bridget Dillow
- A free 90-page copy of List It! Everyday Life printable prompted lists—a value of $9.99
- Bonus downloadable (and printable) quizzes and lists
- Email access to Angie during the four-week class period
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates
- Gallery for sharing your work
- Handy dandy blog buttons so you can spread the grammar-free love
- Live blog inside the classroom, updated in real time
- One live chat with Angie
The class is already underway, but registration is open until August 21. And if you use the code WRITERIGHT at check-out, you'll get $5 off registration. Code expires August 21, 2013.
But here's the best part - one lucky reader who comments today will win a spot in Angie's workshop! (And if you've already registered, your fee will be refunded!) If you'd like a chance to win, just leave me a comment below telling me what your most-used method of journaling is. I'll pick a winner on Monday, August 19 and announce them below.