I'm sure it will shock absolutely no one that Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the entire year. A holiday centered around family, food, wine, and the inevitable change of wardrobe into elastic-waist yoga pants?? Pretty much my idea of heaven. So if you're gearing up for the big feast like I am, here's a few critical components to making your Turkey Day a success!
1. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays ($19.06). When it comes to delicious down-home comfort food, here's no better expert than Ree Drummond. Her mashed potatoes, green bean cassarole, and Soul Sweet 'Taters are staples at our Thanksgiving table. So stock up on butter and grab this book - no Thanksgiving should be without her recipes!
2. Bite on Time Kitchen Timer ($24.99). You can't prepare a scrumptious feast if you can't keep track of time. And this cute little retro kitchen timer will help you do just that. The robin's egg blue with chrome accents will help you channel your inner June Cleaver while you're preparing the big meal.
3. Cranberry Turkey Brine & Brining Bag ($14.95). I'm a big believer in brining your bird (say that five times fast!) mostly because it's what Pioneer Woman does. And in all things kitchen-related, her word is pretty much my gospel. This brine mix from Crate & Barrel is an easy no-fuss method for brining and combines tart dried cranberries and orange peel with various herbs, honey, brown sugar, garlic, pepper and hibiscus. Yum!
4. Meri Meri Thanksgiving Placecards ($15.00). I know most of you are crafty girls, and buying pre-made placecards might seem a bit sacreligious. But these adorable cards with acorns and turkeys have 3-dimensional and textural elements that make them look handmade. (And don't worry, your secret is safe with me!)
5. Fresh First Course Apron ($19.99 - on sale!). There's nothing worse than dirtying up your party frock (or comfy yoga pants, whatever the case may be!) while baking for the big day. This colorful ruffled apron will keep the you looking cute and clean during your kitchen adventures!
Happy Friday friends!