Yesterday was the last day of school for my littles and I might have been more excited than they were to wrap up the school year. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to: (1) sleeping in, (2) not packing lunches, and (3) having these two kiddos around more. Please remind of this in a month, when "I'm bored!" becomes the daily mantra, I'm having to referee pointless arguments, I start drinking wine for breakfast, and you hear me screaming Serenity Now! at random intervals.
So as we traditionally do at the end of every academic year, we gifted our fabulous teachers with a little something to send them off into a great summer. Hayden opted to write personal note to each of his teachers, and included a small gift card with each. Riely went with a Summer Survival Basket (we did something similar last year) that is stocked with seasonal essentials like sunscreen, margarita glasses, flip flops, popsicle molds, a kite and sunglasses:
I thought today would be a good time to feature some of our favorite teacher gifts over the past few years, so here are our top five! (Links will take you to the full project details!)
1. Summer Survival Baskets. Most of these goodies can be found at the dollar store and when paired with a gift card, they've been a big hit with teachers.
2. S'more Making Kits. These are simple to assemble and make a sweet treat for teachers and kids alike! The tag and title cut files are free downloads in the original post.
3. Mug + Fruit Baskets with Custom gift Card Holder. We originally did these as holiday gifts, but the fruit and card motif can be changed up for any time of year.
4. Treat-Filled Travel Mug + Stationary. We filled a water bottle with the teacher's favorite candy (but a coffee mug would work great, too!) and added personalized notecards, which come in handy for end of the year thank-you writing.
5. Smart Cookies. A few homemade goodies (or cheat like me and get store-bought!) are always appreciated. We topped these with pennants that say "Thanks to you teacher, I'm a smart cookie" (and the cut files are available in the original post).
Today we are in full-on summer mode, which means we're headed to Elitches to ride the roller coasters and eat funnel cakes. Because is there any better way to celebrate the end of school than by feeling your stomach drop on the coaster plunge and then filling it with warm, fried batter?!
No. The correct answer is no.
Enjoy your Friday, friends!