Sorry for the lack of posts here lately! Even though summer has a reputation for being slow and lazy, around here it's been anything but. Here's what we've been up to!
- Kids are gearing up for the first swim meet of the season this Saturday. Practice has meant early wake-up calls, which sometimes means crabby kids, but for the most part they've been cooperative and it's been good to get our days started bright and early. (And we take full advantage of no practice on Fridays and sleep in!)
- Riely is loving theatre camp and last week she got news that she landed the role of Chip in the production of Beauty and the Beast. There's lots of dancing and singing going on around here, and I'm pretty sure by the end of the summer we'll all be able to belt out Be Our Guest by heart.
- Hayden's golf camps don't start up til July so he's been spending his free time biking around the neighborhood to hang with friends, finalizing his movie script and filming a few scenes each week with buddies, and picking up odd jobs to earn money for his trip to DC next year.
- Tater has had some ups and downs the past few weeks. For almost five days, she ran a fever over 104, so we had to start her on two different antibiotics to try and bring it down. In addition to fluids, we're also continuing the immuno-stimulant and just hope it will help her system continue to fight this virus. She's still eating well, purring often, and spends most days curled up on blanket on the window sill of my office.
- Mike is entering the taper portion of his marathon training and will be running the Slacker Half on the 28th. I was supposed to be running the race too, but in a total brain fart moment I registered us without realizing the kids have a swim meet that morning. So I'll be particpating in mind rather than body (which is really the best way to run!) while cheering from the side of the pool.
- In between my chauffering duties and work projects, I've been trying to get the summer pots planted, plan some meals that don't revolve around cold cereal, and make sure we're crossing things off our summer bucket list in the process.
- And probably most exciting....after almost a year of looking, we finally found our perfect mountain cabin in Winter Park and will be closing on it next week. There will be lots of projects and repairs to make it perfect, but I'm excited (and a bit anxious) to start turning it into our rustic family retreat.
And of course, I've also been working on lots of scrapping projects that will debut in the next few weeks. Speaking of which, this one recently went live in the Two Peas Garden featuring a week's worth of photos (a whopping 27 in all!)
S U P P L I E S :
You can check out more details on this project right here. It was a fun spread to create and I kinda loved the challenge of incorporating so many photos. It reminds me I need to pull out my camera and start capturing this summer - it's going by way too fast!