It's been awhile since I've posted a Five on Friday, so in an attempt to get back into the swing of this, I'm sharing five random things that I'm crushing on right now. Enjoy!
1. Buffalo Plaid baseball cap from Target ($12.99). Every girl needs a good cap to grab on those not-so-good hair days. Or those I'm too lazy to style this mop days. Or really, for any day that ends in "y"! I snapped up this fun plaid version at Target because it felt like fall and was a natural match with my black moto jacket, but I've worn it with lots of other ensembles, too. (One of which may have been flannel pjs in the school drop-off line...ssssh!)
2. Don Ramón Vino Tinto Barrica ($7.99). One of my favorite things about cold, snowy weather is knowing I can end the day with a glass of red by the fireplace. I was looking for an alternative to my stand-by pinot, and my wine guy (who knows I'm cheap and go for label art over taste!) recommended this Spanish blend. It's a lighter red, with hints of raspberries and blackberries and just a touch of spice. And the bargain price combined with the unique ribbon & wax seal make it a winner in my book!
3. Pumpkin Scones from Cooking Classy. If you have not yet fallen victim to pumpkin spice fever, you are a stronger soul than I. After pinning these scones - amongst hundreds of other pumpkin-infused creations - I tried the recipe, and it met with rave reviews from my kids (and my stomach as well!). They are identical to the Starbucks version and a lovely little morning indulgence with coffee. Pin them. Make them. Trust me.
4. Good Cheer Collection from Elle's Studio. ($1.49 - $15.97). I've been entertaining the idea of doing a December Daily album this year. Though who are we kidding - mine would more likely be a December-Whenever-I-Feel-Like-Creating album because the whole daily thing is just too.much.pressure. I love this collection from Elle's Studio for its liberal doses of aqua with the traditional holiday colors. And the fun stamps and wood veneers just might inspire me to actually complete this project for once!
5. Glen Lossie Plaid Lambswool Scarf ($34.11). I didn't add a whole lot of things to my fall/winter wradrobe, but of the pieces I did, more than half were plaid! One look at my Wardrobe Wednesday posts and you can see my affection for the plaid scarf, and I recently swapped the lighter cotton version for this warmer lambswool. It's a deliciously soft and comfy accessory that I'm reaching for a daily basis. Bring on the snowflakes and icicles - I'm ready! (Or at least my neck is!)
Hope you have a fantabulous Friday, my friends!