1. Show's Cove Parka ($99.50). I'm so ready for the weather to cool off so I can wear this new jacket with the 32 outfits I've planned and filed away in my brain, along with other useless trivia like: Who was the only Cheers cast member to appear in every episode?* So yeah, they call this jacket a parka which is a bit of a stretch considering it's a light-weight cotton, but I know I'll get a ton of wear out of it before the snow falls. Extra details like the drawstring waist and jewel-encrusted cuffs make this rugged piece just a bit more feminine, but this H&M option is pretty cute, too. And either would look stylish while sitting at the bar drinking a beer.
2. Mix & Match Heel ($158.99) I only wish I'd seen these Poetic License booties a few weeks earlier as I've already spent my bootie budget on another pair of lace-up leopard heels (see #4 below!), but I'm drooling over the mix of colors and textures on these. These would dress up jeans and a flowy blouse, or take a pencil skirt over-the-top. And if you're looking for something not quite so funky (and a bit easier on the wallet), check out these Crown Vintage booties as a tamer alternative.
3. KUT from the Kloth Catherine Slim Boyfriend Jeans ($42.25 - on sale!) These really should be called best friend jeans, because they are so soft and comfy you'll want to spend a lot of time in them. Not to mention they're roomy enough to let you consume that extra cupcake without reminding you that it went straight to your thighs (like a best friend should!) This KUT style is on sale now, but I also love the 1969 Sexy Boyfriend Jeans from Gap.
4. I'm not a huge animal-print fan, but I've decided that in small doses, it definitely has a place in my closet. I'm especially partial to leopard print, since it's technically a neutral and you can wear it just like you'd wear brown or black. So don't be afraid to add something wild to your wardrobe this season! These leopard mary janes from Target or this sleek leopard clutch are budget-friendly, in good taste, and will definitely make you smile. (All traits that coincidentally, are also desirable in a beer.)
5. Season d'Etre Scarf ($24.99) I'm pretty sure it's the law in Colorado that you have to own a scarf for fall. We've been know to pass some crazy-ass laws here. Ahem. But hey, the same way a pumpkin spice latte makes your tummy warm and happy, a scarf keeps you cozy and comfortable when the temps start to drop. I love this scarf's autumnal hues over a subtle houndstooth pattern and think it would work perfectly from football game to hay ride to I dunno, the bar? For happy hour? It must be Friday!
So what are your must-haves for fall?
*It was Norm.